Get ready to game with UK Hoops at Home!
Test your NBA 2K22 skills against your peers, former and future students, and fellow Big Blue Nation fans with the 3rd annual Hoops at Home Tournament.
Not a gamer? No problem! Watch the tournament and cheer on your favorite players at our twitch page twitch.tv/universityofky or come to Cornerstone on April 15 for our in-person fan event, doors open at 3 pm ET!
Cash prizes for the top winners!
Want to Watch In-Person?
Beginning at 3 p.m. a variety of community events will begin including food, fun activities and meet and greets with special guests. Stop by The Cornerstone to join the fun! RSVPs are not required.
Enter for a chance to win cash prizes!
For virtual participation, this tournament requires that competitors have a PlayStation 4,5 or Xbox Series X/S,One and a copy of the NBA 2K22 game. You will also need the ability to stream your gameplay with a stable internet connection.
For in-person participation, this tournament requires that competitors arrive at Cornerstone on UK's campus with their own controller and wire to connect the controller to a PC or console.
Please note that filling out the form does NOT automatically qualify you for entrance into the tournament. Tournament organizers will reach out once competitor selections have been made.
Sign-up Deadline is April 13, 2022
- PlayStation 4,5 or Xbox Series X/S,One
- Copy of the NBA 2K22 game
- Ability to stream your gameplay with a stable internet connection
- PlayStation 4,5 or Xbox Series X/S,One
- Copy of the NBA 2K22 game
- Must be in-person at The Cornerstone on UK's campus and have your own controller and wire to connect the controller to a PC or console.
Hoops at Home NBA 2K22 Tournament FAQ
Schedule: Friday, April 15, 2022
- Check-In: 5:30 pm ET
- Round of 32: 6 pm ET
- Round of 16: 6:50 pm ET
- Round of 8: 7:40 pm ET
- Round of 4: 8:30 pm ET
- Round of 2: 9:10 pm ET
- Round of 1: 10 pm ET
How To Enter
- All participants MUST fill out the Hoops at Home Tournament Form to be included in the tournament.
- All participants who register will play in the qualifier tournament and be invited to the tournament operations site.
- Complete your sign-up by Wednesday, April 13, 2022
- All matches will be broadcast on the University of Kentucky Twitch Channel.
- The University of Kentucky reserves final broadcast decision discretion for all matches.
- If you have the ability, please stream your matches live on Twitch.tv (no mic, overlay, or camera) and submit your twitch username to the admins.
- Tournament is bracket-style.
- Round of 64, 32, 16, and 8 of the tournament will be best of one and single elimination.
- Round of 4, and championship will be best of three and single elimination.
- Please see below for the Hoops at Home Tournament Rules for more information.
GENERAL TOURNAMENT RULES
- All games will be played using NBA 2K22
- Tournament is a single-elimination bracket, with separate brackets for PS4, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S/One
- A bracket must reach 8 players for the tournament to be held.
- Prizes will increase based on the number of players in each bracket.
- The length of playing time will be five minutes per quarter for the rounds of 64, 32, & 16
- Overtime length will be three minutes
- Rounds of 64, 32, 16 and 8 will be best of one
- Semi-Finals and Finals will be best of three
- Only current NBA teams are allowed. Retro, Fantasy and/or All-Star Teams are prohibited
- Changing teams is allowed between rounds, or between games in a series.
- The Hoops at Home tournament will be played with the latest NBA 2K22 update
- Strike Packs/Zens are NOT allowed during tournament play
- Plays and coaches’ settings can be changed during the tournament
- Two competing players are allowed to play with the same team
- Hoops at Home officials may order the pause of a match or execute a pause command at any time, for any reason, and for any duration at their sole discretion
- If a game experiences a critical bug at any point during the match that significantly alters game stats or gameplay mechanics, then a restart may occur. Certain circumstances must be met before a restart may occur. Hoops at Home officials will have full discretion in determining that the bug is critical and verifiable
- All Settings and Camera Views are DEFAULT. Skill level is HALL OF FAME
- MANUAL OR AUTOMATIC Substitutions, Time Outs, and Late Game Fouling are allowed but must be pre-set before the start of the game
- No manual substitution via START button. Substitutions are only allowed in-game via D-Pad and during called Time Outs
- Team starting roster adjustments must be made before going into the game
- If you pause the game using the START button you must burn a timeout as a penalty. If you have no timeouts left, you will be required to take a penalty (delay of game for offense, or out of bounds for the defense)
- If the game goes into overtime the competing individuals will be allowed to compete given the allotted time. The individual with the highest score at the end of the overtime game wins the game.
- In the event of an extreme scenario that has a big impact on the game like outage of power, accidental unplugging or some other event not in either player’s control that would not allow the participants to finish the game, the game will be completely restarted.
- A Player may not use language that is obscene, foul, vulgar, insulting, threatening, abusive, libelous, slanderous, defamatory or otherwise offensive or objectionable; or promote or incite hatred or discriminatory conduct, in or near the match area, at any time. A Player may not use this type of language on social media or during any public-facing events.
- A Player may not take any action or perform any gesture directed at an opposing Player, fan, or official, or incite any other individual(s) to do the same, which is insulting, mocking, disruptive or antagonistic.
- Abuse of Hoops at Home officials, opposing Players, or audience members will not be tolerated.
- No Player or Hoops at Home Official may take part, either directly or indirectly, in betting or gambling on any results of any Hoops at Home tournament matches.
- Players are prohibited from soliciting any service or selling any goods during the Hoops at Home event.
- Narcotic use of any kind on camera is not permitted and will result in disqualification.
- Usernames may not contain the following: vulgarities or obscenities; or derivatives of products or services that may create confusion.
- All Usernames must be approved by Hoops at Home officials in advance of use in play. Unapproved name changes are not allowed under any circumstances. Hoops at Home officials have the ability to deny a Username if it does not reflect the standards sought by Hoops at Home officials. A player will be notified by an EVENT official if their name does not meet the standard and will be allowed to change their name. Players may not change their Usernames on their main account during the season. The University of Kentucky is not responsible for complications or costs that arise as the result of name changes.
- If you are more than five minutes late to a game’s posted time, you forfeit that game.
- If a player purposely turns off a game while it is in progress, that player will forfeit that game.
- No verbal or physical threats of violence to other tournament participants. This will result in your immediate disqualification from the tournament.
- All players must be at least 13 years old.
- Players may not have any current disciplinary suspension from 2K Games or 2K Sports affiliated competitions.
- Players may not be on a current NBA 2K League roster.
- In the event of a disconnection, game will be paused as player attempts to reconnect. If a player is unable to reconnect within 10 minutes, tournament operators and/or the University of Kentucky will rule on the match with full discretion.
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE OR CHANGE RULES AT ANY TIME DURING THE TOURNAMENT, ESPECIALLY WHEN A NEW GLITCH IS FOUND.
- FURTHER, BY AGREEING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FOLLOWING VIDEO GAME TOURNAMENT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PICTURES FROM THE TOURNAMENT MAY BE POSTED FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES AT THE COMPANY’S WEBSITE, SOCIAL MEDIA OR IN A FUTURE BROCHURE.
PENALTIES FOR BREAKING THE RULES & LIABILITY
- The University of Kentucky and Hoops at Home Officials have full discretionary power on all matters, including player disqualification.
- All University of Kentucky decisions are final.